Mr. Mizuno is a Japanese financial executive, serving as the Special Envoy of U.N. Secretary-General on Innovative Finance and Sustainable Investments since January 2021.
He previously served as Executive Management Director and CIO of GPIF (Government Pension Investment Fund of Japan with AUM $1.5 trillion).
Prior to joining GPIF, Mr. Mizuno was a partner at Coller Capital, a London-based private equity firm (January 2003 – January 2015). He formerly worked for Sumitomo Trust & Banking Co. Ltd. In Japan, Silicon Valley and New York (April 1988 – January 2003).
Mr. Mizuno’s current commitments include:
• External Board Member, Tesla, Inc.
• Mission Committee Member, Danone S.A.
He also works in the following capacities to promote long term and ESG investment:
• Global Future Council member, World Economic Forum (WEF)
• Special Adviser, Milken Institute
• Future of Finance Advisory Council member, CFA Institute
• Leader, The B Team
• Advisory Board Member, Global Business Coalition for Education Advisory board
• Adviser, CiRA Foundation
His involvements with academic institutions include:
• Executive Fellow of Harvard Business School, Harvard University
• Executive in Residence and Global Leadership Council member of Said Business School, Oxford University
• Visiting Fellow of Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
• Senior Fellow of Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
• Guest professor of Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine